IT Service and Support Training Program
Program Overview: This foundational course for careers in the technology field will prepare graduates for entry level desktop support, help desk, and technical customer service jobs. IT support is a dynamic, fast-growing field which is projected to grow 11% between 2016 and 2026 — faster than the average of all other occupations. This certificate program introduces people to troubleshooting and customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, automation, and security—all the fundamentals of IT support.
Length: 11 weeks
- 6/15/2020 to 8/28/2020
- 9/7/2020 to 11/20/2020
- 12/7/2020 to 02/26/2021
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m
What you get from this program
Students will be directed through the IT Support Professional Certification course which was developed by Google for any companies IT support. This course includes innovative curriculum designed to prepare you for an entry-level role in IT support as well as a starting point for additional technical skills training. Through a mix of video lectures, quizzes, and hand-on labs and widgets, the program will introduce you to troubleshooting and customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration and security. Life skills and job readiness training are also provided during this training course.
As JobTrain closed in-person classes to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it has rapidly adapted its curriculum for remote learning. Our students and educators have adopted Zoom as part of the new “normal” in academic life, and you can rest assure, it’s completely possible to create thriving virtual learning environments.
- JobTrain Certificate of Achievement
- IT Support Professional Certification (must pass certification exam)
- IT Support Technician
- Help Desk Specialist
- IT Desktop Support Tech
- Foundation for additional Certifications (NETWORK, Security, etc)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- HS Diploma / Equivalent (HSE/GED)
- Must attend JobTrain’s General orientation and take knowledge assessment test
- Must score with acceptable proficiency in basic Math skills and English
Prior to Program Start
- Candidates must attend program specific information session
- Pass basic computer literacy test
- Submit a resume and short writing sample (100 words) essay
- Interview with the program instructor and counselor
Want to brush up on some digital literacy skills before taking the IT Service & Support course? Visit JobTrain’s Digital Literacy Skills class page to learn more!
During the Program
Students must attend all classes with at least 95% attendance record. Students need to keep up with class instruction and demonstrate understanding of materials.