IT Support and Services Training Program
Program Overview: This foundational course for careers in the technology field will prepare graduates for entry level desktop support, help desk, and technical customer service jobs. IT support is a dynamic, fast-growing field which is projected to grow 11% between 2016 and 2026 — faster than the average of all other occupations. This certificate program introduces people to troubleshooting and customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, automation, and security—all the fundamentals of IT support.
Length: 11 weeks
Sessions: Menlo Park and San Jose
- 1/24/2022 to 4/8/2022
- 4/18/2022 to 7/1/2022
- 7/18/2022 to 9/30/2022
- 10/17/2022 to 1/6/2023
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
If you have questions, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
What you get from this program
Students will be directed through the IT Support Professional Certification course which was developed by Google for any companies IT support. This course includes innovative curriculum designed to prepare you for an entry-level role in IT support as well as a starting point for additional technical skills training. Through a mix of video lectures, quizzes, and hand-on labs and widgets, the program will introduce you to troubleshooting and customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration and security. Life skills and job readiness training are also provided during this training course.
As JobTrain closed in-person classes to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it has rapidly adapted its curriculum for remote learning. Our students and educators have adopted Zoom as part of the new “normal” in academic life, and you can rest assure, it’s completely possible to create thriving virtual learning environments.
- JobTrain Certificate of Achievement
- Google IT Support Professional Certification (must complete all modules)
- IT Support Technician
- Help Desk Specialist
- IT Desktop Support Tech
- Foundation for additional Certifications (NETWORK, Security, etc)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- HS Diploma / Equivalent (HSE/GED)
- Must attend JobTrain’s General orientation and complete registration information
- Must demonstrate proficiency in basic Math, Computer Literacy, and English written and oral communication.
- Must live in the one of the following Counties – Marin, Napa, Solano, Sonoma, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, San Francisco, Contra Costa, or Santa Cruz. To find employment/training services in your area click here.
- Previous Tech experience not required but recommended to have a customer service background.
- Keen interest in technology as a career
- Can only enroll in one JobTrain training program.
- Candidates must view program information video
- Submit a resume and complete enrollment assessment questionnaire
- Interview with the program instructor and counselor
Want to brush up on some digital literacy skills before taking the IT Service & Support course? Visit JobTrain’s Digital Literacy Skills class page to learn more!
During the Program
Students must attend all classes with at least 95% attendance record. Students need to keep up with class instruction and demonstrate understanding of materials.
Instructor – Mike Shipstead
Mike brings over 30 years of experience in the ever-evolving IT industry, as an engineer, product manager, and technical instructor. Along with an interest in product innovation, Mike has a passion for innovative learning and mentoring others toward new skills and job-readiness. He completed undergraduate studies at UC Davis and earned an MBA from The University of Southern California.