Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program
Program Overview: Students learn communication skills, patient care and emergency procedures through hands-on clinical work and are prepared for the California state exam for Certification as a Nurse Assistant. Graduates are qualified for employment in skilled nursing and extended care facilities.
5/1/2023 to 7/14/2023
8/31/2023 to 11/13/2023
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to 2:30 pm
11 weeks, plus state review and exam
Theory is taught virtually and hands-on in-person class.
What you get from this program
- State of California Certified Nurse Assistant
- Home Health Aid Certification
- CPR Basic Life Support-American Heart Association
- JobTrain Certificate of Achievement
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Reproductive Health Specialist
- Employment in skilled nursing, extended care facilities, and home health care agencies and registries.
- CNA’s are employed in acute hospital settings, though further training is required by most.
Must attend JobTrain’s information orientation and take the WONDERLIC assessment. Must have basic math skills and show evidence of good health.
Must live in the one of the following Counties – San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, San Francisco, Contra Costa, or Santa Cruz. To find employment/training services in your area click here. Can only enroll in one JobTrain training program.
A background check will be done during the first week of the program.
Please click here to view the Students’ Vaccination Requirement, Building Entrance Procedure, and Isolation & Quarantine Procedure.
Must be able to exert 20 – 50 lbs. of force occasionally, 10 – 25 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects. Must pass a physical and a PPD/pr chest x-ray/immunizations – must be completed before first day of class.
Students must complete 100% of training hrs. in order to qualify for state exam. Must acquire CNA Liability Insurance before clinical portion.