Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program
Program Overview: The course offers an introduction to construction and environmental training. Students are trained in basic general construction skills as well as HAZWOPER (hazardous waste operations). There will be computer-based curriculum activities. Students will gain a strong foundation in construction, green building, and forklift instruction. Graduates can begin careers as carpenters, ironworkers, electricians, plumbers, drywall workers, and other general construction labor occupations.
Length: 12 weeks
- 10/4/2021 to 12/17/2021
Hours: 8:30 am – 3:15 pm
What you get from this program
Introduction to Construction and Environmental training including HAZWOPER, OSHA, and Confined Space Trainings. Basic general construction skills and math geared toward construction apprenticeships. Essential Skills and Job Readiness workshops are also included in training.
- JobTrain Certification of Achievement
- Forklift instruction and Certification
- HAZWOPER Training and Certification
- Confined Space Training
- CPR Certification
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training and Certification
- HILTI Powder Actuated Certification*
- 15 Hour Disaster Site Worker Training*
*Based on availability and class schedule
- Both Union and non-union carpenters, Drywall, Ironworkers, Electricians, Plumbers, Apprenticeship programs, and general Labor occupations.
- Environmental Health and Safety Firms and Companies
- Material Handling Opportunities
Must attend JobTrain’s information orientation and complete WONDERLIC Assessment. Must have ability to communicate clearly in English, have basic math skills, and a desire to work in the trades as part of a team.
Must live in the one of the following Counties – San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, San Francisco, Contra Costa, or Santa Cruz. To find employment/training services in your area click here. Can only enroll in one JobTrain training program.
By completion of training, candidate must have acquired a GED or a high school diploma in order to qualify for employment opportunities in the industry.
About the Instructor – Marty Mendibles
Marty has 35+ years of experience as a working Union Carpenter, and 9 years of experience as a career instructor.