City of Berkeley
- Job Title: Community Service Officer
The equivalent of graduation from high school
Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience involving in-person, telephone and written public contact that demonstrates effective communication and customer service skills.
• Previous volunteer or paid experience in law enforcement, emergency medical services, military service, probation, counseling or similar work requiring extensive public contact is highly desirable.
• Other Requirements: Must successfully pass a background investigation, and psychiatric and medical evaluations; possess a valid California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record; be willing to work evening, graveyard, weekend, and holiday shifts for the 24/7 operational schedule
- Job Title: Mini Bus Driver
Equivalent to completion of high school
Twelve (12) months driving experience, which has involved the delivery of goods and/or passengers. Some experience working with the elderly is highly desirable.
• OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Must possess a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s Class B license with a passenger endorsement, and Medical Examiner’s Certificate and have a satisfactory driving record. Must report changes in status of drivers license.
- Job Title: Epidemiologist
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in health science, epidemiology, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
Two (2) years of experience designing, conducting, analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating epidemiological, research or evaluation studies.
• Progressively responsible related experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in epidemiology, biostatistics or related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.”
City of Hayward
- Job Title: HVAC Mechanic
• EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Experience: Two (2) years of increasingly responsible skilled craft experience in HVAC. Experience in energy management systems is desirable.
• Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade supplemented by the completion of an apprenticeship program in HVAC. Completion of a five (5) year apprenticeship program in HVAC is highly desirable.
• Licenses and Certificates: Possession and maintenance of a valid Class C California Driver’s License.