EFFECTIVE DATE: 07/01/2020
JobTrain has been designated by the City of East Palo Alto as the “operator” of the East Palo Alto Career Center for the City of East Palo Alto. This website is operated by JobTrain. Any reference to JobTrain in this document is also applicable to the East Palo Alto Career Center.
- What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share the Information We Collect
- Third-Party Links
- User-Generated Content
- Security of My Personal Information
- Marketing Communications
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
- Changes to this Policy
1. What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
- You may register for workshops and events at our Site. To register you must provide your name, address, phone, date of birth, email address, and other information; we may ask for additional optional information as well.
- If you use our programs and services or workshops, you may also be asked to provide your name, email address, phone number, home address and other information. We also may collect additional optional information from you, including ethnicity and other demographic information; however, you are not required to provide us with this information.
- Funding Contribution. When you make a funding contribution, we collect your email address, name, mailing and billing address, and phone number, as well as other optional information.
- When you communicate with us via email, postal mail or otherwise, we collect information about our interactions with you. From time-to-time, we also administer survey and questionnaires to you about a variety of topics and issues and collect your responses to these.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To process your funding contribution, pledges, or other payments.
- To send you information about JobTrain and the East Palo Alto Career Center by mail, Email, other electronic means including text messaging which you will be able to opt out of as you prefer.
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to provide personalized help and instructions, and otherwise to personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you with information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third-party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- JobTrain does not share, trade or sell any donor, client, student personal information with anyone.
3. How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These third parties are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf, except to help us conduct and improve our business.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another entity (such as a different nonprofit), if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another entity, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Third-Party Tracking. We may also engage third parties, such as Google Analytics, to track and analyze data from our Site or Services. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of our Site and Services and to analyze Site usage. These third parties are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf, except to help us conduct and improve our business.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs, or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
5. Third-Party Links
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
6. User-Generated Content
We may invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and JobTrain cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
7. Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions—including, where appropriate, to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
8. Marketing Communications
We may send periodic informational or promotional emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by emailing us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Unsubscribe” or following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to ten business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
9. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not designed for children under 17. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
10. Contact Us
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at epacareercenter.org/privacy-policy or jobtrainworks.org/privacy-policy.
Information Collected. Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- contact information: (optional) name, organization, position/title, complete address, phone number, email address
- payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information; mailing address through personal check via postal mail
- information concerning how you heard about JobTrain (optional)
- information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions
- your request to receive periodic updates; e.g. to individuals who request it, we will send periodic mailings related to specific fund-raising appeals, newsletters, announcements of training programs, job fairs, and supportive services available.
No Sharing of Personal Information. JobTrain will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of JobTrain.
Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List. It is our desire to not send unwanted mail to our donors. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list. To be removed from the electronic newsletter, please click the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
Email. If you sign-up for our email newsletter, from time to time we may send you our newsletter and email messages informing you of special events or services. Our newsletters may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the newsletters whether this email was opened and/or what links (if any) were clicked. Included in these emails will be an option to allow you to opt out and thus be removed from the email list.
Who do we share your information with? Our donor database is provided by Salesforce.com, a trusted name in nonprofit fundraising. Salesforce.com. has access to donor information only for the purposes of maintaining the integrity and security of that database. Donor information is only used by JobTrain. We do not share personally identifiable donor information with others.
What Else Should You Know about your privacy?
What About Kids’ Personally Identifiable Information? Our site is not aimed at anyone under the age of 18. We assume donations through credit card means are made by adults.