Dolores Street Community Services
- Job Title: Shelter Monitors
- Available for overnight shift; day shifts
- Customer services skills
- Can-do attitudePosition Required:
*Live scan clearance
*Bilingual Spanish (verbal fluency in English and Spanish) *Ensures the safety and security of shelter site and responds to emergency situations, as needed
*Consistently enforces all shelter policies for staff and youth and family participants
*Understands and is able to explain shelter rules and grievance policies
*Schedules shelter hearings
*Makes regular reports to shelter management using daily logs, forms, e-mail, and phone calls; provides pertinent shelter data to for contract and grant reports”
- Job Title: Desk Clerk
- Facilitates daily check-in and check-out of guests from the shelter
- Mediates and de-escalates conflicts
- Completes mandated reporter training and certification and report instances of child abuse/neglect as needed
- Remains awake and alert during assigned shifts, and ensures that other night staff are also doing so
- Participate in fundraising and organizing efforts as needed
- Attend organizational and departmental meetings, trainings, and activities.
- Maintain professional attitude and work ethic
- Comply with DSCS policies and procedures, and laws pertaining to the operation of DSCS
- Job Title: Tenant Rights Organizer
- Conduct tenant outreach in SRO buildings and provide educational materials to individuals and families
- Perform intake on and provide housing counseling to low-income tenants (including monolingual. Spanish-speaking) by assessing housing problems, answering questions, and providing relevant information.
- Advocate for SRO families and individuals by coordinating with outside agencies in regard to code enforcement and general eviction prevention support in an effort to help tenants housing stability.
- Ensure information regarding a client’s housing situation is updated in the database in a timely manner, and all supporting documents are filed in accordance with DSCS policies and procedures.
- Provide warm referrals to other programs for financial assistance, counseling, or other supportive services based on the tenants’/clients’ individual needs.
- Job Title: Program Manager
- Bilingual in Spanish *Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience in program planning and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to create, monitor, and manage program budget
- Two years’ experience with staff supervision
- Experience in establishing and managing administrative systems
- Experience managing a community organizing program a plus