Alameda Health System
- Job Title: Medical Assistant -Ambulatory
Description: Under clinical supervision of a RN or licensed physician/podiatrist, provides basic clinical, front office clerical, and technical support services for client/patient/clinic. Performs related duties as required.
- Job Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Performs patient care functions, within the scope of competency, considering age related needs of the patient as prescribed by physician/health care professional(s) following established protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assists medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedure and/or diagnostic exams.
- Provides patient-centered care that is respectful of, and responsive to, individual patient preferences, needs and values. Provides and promotes excellence in customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Collaborates with patients and other healthcare providers to deliver coordinated, high quality care
- Prepares and administers medications. Determine immunizations needed and give injections.
- Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure per AHS policy and pursues professional growth and development.
Alameda County General Services Agency
- Job Title: Information Systems Specialist
- Key member on a high-performing desktop support team
- Setup and deploy hardware and software
- Train users on the latest technology
- Provide level 1, 2, and 3 end-user support
- Create and maintain documentation on technology and procedures
- Debug technical issues with hardware and software
- Assist with IT onboarding including user security configuration
- Help improve existing processes and find new software solutions
- Job Title: Client Support Specialist
- Develops and prepares a wide variety of complex materials (e.g. application documentation, training materials for new procedures, changes to existing procedures, flow charts, user guides, notices, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of database systems for the purpose of resolving client operational problems and/or issues and restoring services.
- Performs detailed analysis of existing client procedures and needs assessments for the purpose of ensuring stability and performance of production databases and the availability of stored data
- Trains officials, administrators and support staff in software application procedures, in groups and individually for the purpose of ensuring their ability to use new and/or existing databases and related software