Project Build - Green Technology - Solar
Carpenter, Drywall, Ironworker, Electrician, Plumber, and other Union Apprenticeships and Laborers occupations. Environmental Health and Safety Firms, Lead and Asbestos Abatement Companies. Material Handling Opportunities. Non-Union Contractors, Solar Sales. Energy Auditing & Canvassing.
Next Class Dates:
Please contact program counselor Holly Hanson at (650) 330-6448 or firstname.lastname@example.org for class dates and other information
1200 O'Brien Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Length of Training:
4 modules - 17 weeks (510 hours)
Module I: 270 hours - 9 weeks Construction Training
Module II: 120 Hours - 4 weeks Green Technology/Solar
Module III: 90 Hours - 3 weeks Environmental Training
Module IV: 30 hours - 1 week Forklift
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
JobTrain Orientation and WONDERLIC Assessment and a Computer and Internet Literacy Assessment. Must have ability to communicate clearly in English, basic math skills, and a desire to work in the trades. Must have a level of physical fitness and agility necessary to work daily outdoors. May be required to lift 70 lbs, climb ladders, and should not be sensitive or allergic to fumes and chemical solutions. By completion of training, candidate must have acquired a GED or have, at minimum, a high school diploma in order to qualify for employment opportunities in the industry. Must be drug and alcohol free. Students must maintain a 95% attendance level.
Skills to be attained:
- Introduction to Construction training/ Environmental training/Weatherization
- HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Removal, Asbestos Removal, OSHA30, Confined Space, NABSEP)
- Forklift training
- Basic general construction skills and construction math geared toward apprenticeships.
- Life skills and Job Readiness workshops are included in training
- Participants will gain a strong foundation in Solar construction, design, and technical skills. Topics covered: Grid-tied Photovoltaic Electrical Systems, Energy Efficiency, Solar Sales (Retail & Commercial), Customer Service, Solar Basic Installer & Green Building, Energy Auditing & Canvassing, and Injury Prevention.
Pre-Apprentice Union Participation:
Carpentry, Drywall, Metal Studs, Modular Installation, Iron Worker, Electrician, Plumber
Completion Requirements: Are based on enrollment expectations and completing instructional outcomes. In order to qualify for Carpenters Union, completion of the 17 week course is REQUIRED. Need GED or minimum of a high school diploma. Need valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC).