If you are working or otherwise busy during the day, you can come to JobTrain for training at night.
Our counselors will get to know you and help set up a plan to reach your goals. Classes are offered on a sliding fee scale, and they usually meet twice a week, for a total of 4-6 hours per week. Most are offered in twelve-week cycles. Classes include:
- Academic Skills for Employment & GED Preparation
- English as a Second Language (ESL 1)
- English as a Second Language (ESL 2)
- Introduction to Computers
- Y en espanol: Clases de computadora
Academic Skills for Employment and GED Preparation
Classes are designed to improve reading, writing, and math skills, and introduce basic science and social studies. Students are prepared to pass the GED (General Education Development) Proficiency Exam.
- Basic English fundamentals
- Basic Grammar
- Microsoft Windows Basics
- Computer Terminology
- Writing letters
- Creating posters
- Workplace computing, internet skills, etc.
- El uso basico de computadoras, partes programas
- Uso del teclado y del raton
- Una breve introduccion en aplicaciones de oficina (Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint) y su uso
- Uso y navegacion de la Internet; creacion de correro electronico y uso del mismo (crear una cuenta personal para uso del esdudiante)
Call us at (650) 330-6429 or stop by anytime. Start your new career today!